Maiz Property Ltd (Trading Name : “Living Away”) Terms & Conditions
By booking accommodation with “Living Away” (Maiz Property Ltd) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1.0 THE BOOKING
- Your booking is with Maiz Property Limited which is a Limited Company registered in England and Wales, Number 11150706, 36 Wellington Road, St. Albans. AL1 5NL
- References to you or your booking are references to the person or organisation making the booking with Maiz Property Limited .
- These terms apply to bookings made via the Living Away website, by email or telephone or in person with Living Away. Bookings made via Booking.com and Airbnb will also be subject to their terms and conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a legal contract concluded once your payment has been successfully made. No booking is made or contract concluded when payment is declined or unauthorised.
- You agree that the booking is for a short term stay for leisure, business or temporary purposes and does not give rise to an assured shorthold tenancy or lease and is an excluded agreement within the meaning of s.3A(7)(a) of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- Bookings can be for any length from one night up to three months (any bookings longer than 3 months must be agreed with both company directors in writing). Bookings may be made at any time up to 9.00pm on the first night of your stay, subject to availability and receipt of all signed paperwork, deposit and checks of ID.
- Bookings may only be made by a person aged 18 or above and there must be at least one person aged 18 or above staying in the accommodation.
- You may not re-sell or re-assign your booking to any other person or organisation except with the express authority of Maiz Property Ltd.
2.0 PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS
- All payments shall be made by Credit or Debit Card, or bank transfer. Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to charge relevant booking fees or credit or debit card fees.
- Full payment is required upon booking unless expressly agreed otherwise by Maiz Property Ltd.
- The total price for your entire stay will be presented to you before you confirm your booking and make payment. Our pricing is dynamic and therefore the price for the same or similar accommodation may vary over time after your booking is made. This does not confer upon Maiz Property Ltd any right to require additional payment where the price increases and does not confer any right on you to a discount if the price decreases.
- Both Maiz Property Ltd and the guest may cancel the booking at any time up to 28 days prior to the check-in date of the booking with Maiz Property Ltd, and in which case a full refund will be made to the guest.
- If the guest cancels the booking within 7 days of the check-in date of the booking, Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to retain the full amount paid. Any refund will be at Maiz Property Ltd entire discretion unless it is able to book out the accommodation to other guests, in which case it shall make a refund to you of your booking cost less the administration fee of £15, and less any difference in price where the replacement booking was of a lesser value.
- Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to cancel bookings within 7 days of the check-in date of the reservation where it is necessary due to reasons outside of Maiz Property Ltd’s reasonable control, or in the event of an overbooking due to delays or errors within the booking system. In the event of such cancellation, the client will receive a full refund.
3.0 YOUR STAY
- Check-in time is *as stated on your booking* and check-out time is no later than *as stated on your booking*, unless expressly agreed by Maiz Property Ltd otherwise. Maiz Property Ltd may request an additional payment for early check-in or later check-out. Information on the check-in and check-out procedure and access to the accommodation will be provided separately.
- Maiz Property Ltd provide serviced accommodation rather than a hotel or guest house service. Maiz Property Ltd do not provide meals or newspapers.
- Included in your room/apartment will be linen and towels, shower gel, soap and shampoo. A cleaning service is provided and further information is available on request.
- You are responsible for the conduct of all persons staying within the accommodation and shall ensure that they comply with these terms and conditions. In particular, you and your guests must not:
- Smoke on the premises. All rooms and common spaces – including balconies- in our accommodation is strictly non-smoking – you and other guests may only smoke outside of the premises.
- Bring any pets into the premises, even assistance dogs unless expressly agreed by Maiz Property Ltd;
- Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment or illegal substances onto the premises;
- Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- Remove, damage or destroy any Maiz Property Ltd’s property;
1. Use any technology provided by Maiz Property Ltd to download or access any unlawful or obscene material;
2. Cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Maiz Property Ltd staff;
3. Make excessive noise particularly after 9:00pm especially from TV’s and other electronic devices;
4. Use any Maiz Property Ltd property for any kind of gathering, party, entertainment venue or celebration. This will automatically lead to the forfeiture of your total security deposit, with an additional charge of £1000.00 applying for security call out, and you may be asked to leave the property at the time of security attending the property. Furthermore, you accept that we reserve the right to follow up with further legal action to get the money;
5. Use any Maiz Property Ltd properties for illegal activities, such as prostitution, which will lead to an immediate eviction from the premises without any refund on the remaining stay and automatically forfeiting the total damage deposit. Additionally, a charge of £1000.00 for security call out will apply if any Maiz Property Ltd employee or contractor attends to evict.
6. Fail to return your room keys/fobs at the end of your stay as, in the interests of security, we may have to replace the corresponding locks.
4.0 DAMAGE, THEFT, AND COSTS
Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to charge to the credit/debit card used for payment or any other card used to provide security in respect of:
- The cost of replacing or repairing any property of Maiz Property Ltd including furniture, upholstery, fittings, appliances or other fixtures and items which are damaged plus £25 admin fee during your stay;
1. The cost of replacing any items of property which are stolen from the accommodation during your stay.
2. Any breach of our non-smoking policy. A standard charge of £500 will be charged to your card where we find evidence of smoking within the accommodation to cover cleaning costs but we reserve the right to charge additional amounts to cover any damage caused by smoking.
3. Consumption, sale or misuse of any illegal substances or associated paraphernalia. A standard charge of £500 will be charged to your card where we find evidence of illegal substances within the accommodation to cover responsible removal and additional cleaning costs, but we reserve the right to charge additional amounts should there be reasonable requirement to do so.
4. Such costs may be charged on check-out but Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to apply such charges to your card at a later date where necessary.
5. Where Maiz Property Ltd is unable for any reason to apply such a charge against your credit/debit card then an invoice will be sent to you and which you agree to pay within 14 days of receipt.
6. Maiz Property Ltd will provide a receipt including a break-down of costs for all additional charges made to your credit or debit card.
7. Loss of Maiz Property Ltd property and other additional charges that could be incurred during your stay at the property are listed below:
• Lost keys – £150.00
• Lock out charge – £75.00
• Lock out charge with locksmith call out – locksmith charge cost + £25 admin fee.
• Lost apartment fob – £150.00
• Emergency Call out charge (outside working hours) – £150.00
• Excessive cleaning – £30.00 per hour.
• Disruption / Noise complaints / Disruptive Social Gatherings – £1000.00
• Illegal Activities Conducted at the Property (such as Prostitution) – £1000.00
• Late check-in (after 10pm until 12am) – £40.00
• Late check-out (with permission) – £20.00 (until 2pm).
• Extra late check-out (with permission)– £50.00 (until 4pm).
• Early check-in – £20.00 (before 3pm, earliest at 1PM).
• Overstaying (ten minutes over standard check-out time) – £25.00.
• Dog Charge – with express written consent and only at Cheltenham Living Property – £100 per stay.
5.0 PRIVACY, DATA PROTECTION AND CREDIT/DEBIT CARD SECURITY
- You should note that we are required by law to maintain a register of all guests’ names and nationality (to be taken on arrival) and to keep such details on file for at least 12 months from the date of arrival. In addition, for guests who are not of British, Irish or Commonwealth nationalities we are required to take details of your passport or other travel documentation and the address of your next destination.
- Maiz Property Ltd want to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
- If you have a problem during your stay please talk to any member of staff who will be able to help you. This must be brought to the attention of Maiz Property Ltd immediately, so that action can be taken to rectify the issue. Should they fail to report their complaint, Maiz Property Ltd will not consider themselves to be liable for those complaints.
- If Maiz Property Ltd are unable to informally resolve any complaint you have at the time of your stay then you may submit a formal complaint in accordance with this procedure. Formal complaints should be submitted in writing using the contact details below. Please provide as much information (with photographic evidence as necessary) in order that Maiz Property Ltd may properly investigate your complaint.
- Maiz Property Ltd aims to respond to formal complaints within 2 days but if this will not possible Maiz Property Ltd will notify you of this and of when it expects to respond. Maiz Property Ltd will set out the outcome to your complaint in writing.
- Maiz Property Ltd reserves the right to reject without further investigation any vexatious complaint or complaint made in bad faith.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 36 Wellington Road, St. Albans. Hertfordshire. AL1 5NL
7.0 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The liability of Maiz Property Ltd to you under these terms and conditions shall be limited to the total value of your booking (unless the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956 applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act) except where such loss is caused by our negligence, in which case it shall be limited to any direct and reasonably foreseeable loss suffered by you.
- Maiz Property Ltd shall not be liable in any circumstances to you for any consequential or indirect loss including loss of profit, data, management time, reputation or goodwill.
- Maiz Property Ltd shall not be liable for any damages or loss caused by conditions or events beyond its control including, but not limited to: Strike, lockout or other labour dispute affecting the employees of Maiz Property Ltd; Acts of God; Natural disasters; Acts of war or terrorism; Pandemics; Act or omission of government, highway authorities or telecommunications carrier, operator or administrator;
- Delay in manufacture, production or supply by third parties of equipment or services required for the performance of the Services or production and supply of the Goods;
- Nothing in this clause or these terms shall limit Maiz Property Ltd liability for death or personal injury or in respect of fraudulent misrepresentation.
If any provision or provisions of these terms and conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision or to resort to any remedy provided under these terms and conditions shall in no way affect the right of that party to require performance or to resort to a remedy at any time thereafter, nor shall the waiver by any party of a breach be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach. A waiver shall not be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver is being enforced.
10.0 ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These terms and conditions constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior communications, understandings and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written.
11.0 THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall, confer any rights on a third party unless expressly provided otherwise.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in so far as any matter arising from this Agreement is required to be referred to a court of law.
—- END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS —-